- They can sit totally unsupported (still with pillows around them to break their occasional falls).
- They can get themselves into a sitting position from lying on an incline (like in a boppy).
- They have recently started babbling, a lot. Elliot loves his "b" sounds "bwah, bwah, bwah". They both have "p" sounds too. We're working on "m".
- Leah is getting closer to crawling every day. She can get up on her hands and knees whenever she wants and has begun to rock in an attempt to make forward progress. Backwards progress generally results, but hey, progress nonetheless. Elliot is close behind, but still does the swimming on dry land motion when he's trying to move.
- They are focusing on individual toys and are really playing with them how they are meant to be played with (Leah has been doing this for some time).
- They have some success with sippy cups (when the stars are perfectly aligned).
So we have two awesome little seven monthers now. When I think about all the awesomeness that is to come as Leah and Elliot continue to grow and learn and gain new skills, my head hurts (in a good way). It's almost too much to think about. I can't wait.